Sunday, December 5, 2010

Only 10 days to go....10 reasons why I'm SO excited to go home this year!

1. To see my FAMILY!!! I haven't met (in person-skype doesn't count) my one year old niece Georgie! I have not seen my sister since she found out she was pregnant. I have never visited either of my sisters houses! Only my parents have met my second child. I'm so excited for Oli and JJ to play with all their cousins that they never see. The price I pay living so far away. So yeah....I'm excited to see my family.

2. To see my Friends! SO excited to see my girlies who I've known since primary school. None of them have met JJ yet. Lots of lunches and catching up and laughing. Lots of boring times for Tim.

3. To see England baby! No matter how long you live in another country, it never feels quite like home. The green, the rain, the freezing cold mornings. The tiny roads and one way streets. The town center with rubbish shops. Living in another country I find myself missing the dumbest things: Tesco value frosties, traffic jams in loughborough, rows of orange houses, the list goes on...

4. FOOD! When I was pregnant I craved everything. Fish and chips all greasy and yummy. Pickled onion monster munch. Baked potato with beans and cheese Shelley style. All the cadburys I can eat. Skips. Apple tango. Yorkshires. And because it's Christmas extra treats like Roses and roasted parsnips with dinner.

5. Shopping!!! I can't wait for H&M, Primark, Boots....oh and let's not forget NEXT sale. Living in Lubbock, I'm seriously deprived.

6. The Sock man. Who knew I would miss Loughborough? I miss Thursday market with loads of yelling and rubbish stuff to buy. I miss the Carillon Court, only go in there when it's raining. I miss walking around town freezing. I miss the Curzon, worst cinema ever, apparently its gone? Sad.

7. Christmas morning at the Ford residence. Some of my best childhood memories ever are Christmas morning, they all take place in Quorn, but hey can't have everything. I love waking up to stockings and all coming downstairs in PJ's tired. ALWAYS open presents before Church, still can't believe some people can wait until after! Everyone sits around while someone hands out presents, opening all at the same time while mum picks up wrapping paper. SO much fun.

8. Christmas dinner at the Ford residence. Always the best meal ever. Turkey and cranberry, parsnips, mash and roasties, pigs in blankets (gross), yorkshires, gravy, trees, brussell sprouts (have to eat one), stuffing. All squashed around the kitchen table with the mickey mouse place settings, pop the crackers, hats on and tell the rubbish jokes. Tummy ache from drinking too much shloer.

9. 4 year wedding anniversary getaway! Our anniversary is Dec 22nd and we're going to Warwick for the day sans kids. Cute bed and breakfast in quaint English town without kids......awesome.

10. Mum's home made chocolate chip cookies: worth travelling 5000 miles for? Yes, they're that good.

Only ten days to go!!

3 comments:

  1. Alyce I am so jealous! I hope you have a lovely time, and take lots of pictures and make memories to bring back to America. I completely agree about the shopping, and the food, and even the sock man :-) We're hoping to go back for Guy's wedding. By then we'll have TWO new kids that most of my family haven't met yet. Oh have fun Alyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I HAD FORGOTTEN ABOUT MONSTER MUNCHES!!!! Wow it's crazy the things you forget, England is Awesome! It will be some time till I get back there:( Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 reasons why you should come to Utah soon
    1. we miss you
    2. we miss Timothy
    3. we miss Oli
    4. we miss JJ
    5. You miss us ;)
    6. Timothy misses us
    7. Oli misses us (even if he doesn't remember us)
    8. JJ misses us (same thing)
    9. So we can go to the temple together
    10. Because we LOVE YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete