Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tonight we went to a trunk or treat! Yeah I'd never heard of it either. Basically everybody decorates their car boots (or trunks, hence trunk or treat) and the kids walk around from car to car getting candy. It was nice because we didn't have to walk up to random people's doors and Oli LOVED the displays people had made. Every 5 seconds he kept saying "Pumpkin" "pider" (spider) and "cary" (scary). Oli dressed up as a cowboy which I got for $4 from a used clothes sale in Dallas, people kept asking me if I'd made it, I wish! It was tough getting him to keep the hat on but he was very cute.


JJ was a monkey and wore Oli's outfit from two years ago. Here's a pic of both of them wearing the monkey suit, so similar looking!



Can you tell which one is Oli and which one is JJ? They could be twins (I'm glad they're not)! We had a fun night, Oli got a LOT of candy, of which we let him eat probably too much, hence he's still awake at 10:40pm.

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. My guess is, the top one is JJ and the bottom one is Oli? Cute costumes. And your cupcakes look good enough to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, JJ is on the top, oli is on the bottom. That's awesome that the halloween candy is orginized! did you guys make the famous trade? (I'll trade you one recess for all your tootsie rolls?) I told mike about how we used to do that, but before, dad would look thru our candy and say he was checking for funny stuff, or tainted candy. then he'd eat the ones that he said were tainted. hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the costumes! We had our trunk or treat tonight. Can't believe how big JJ is getting!

    ReplyDelete