Saturday, April 23, 2011
The "I want" phase.....
So Oli is in the "I want" phase. These are the things I hear a million times a day: "I want candy" "I want a gogurt" "I wanna watch Thomas" "Mummy, I want waffles" "I want to play trains" "I want a drink" "I want to go playplace"...........it goes on and on and on. Then I realized, I think I'm still in the "I want" phase too. These are the things I say a million times a day (usually in my head): "I want a house" "I want a yard" "I want Tim to be done with school" "I want Tim to have a proper job" "I want to go on holiday" "I want a new car".......the list goes on and on and on. So how do we get out of the I want phase and enjoy living in the now? Something I've yet to learn, but I'll try. I DON'T want to wish away time and miss everything that's happening now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"I want" was my first sentence, says my parents. I would just stand up in my crib and yell "I want! I want!".
ReplyDeleteAnd I never grew out of it either! Good luck living in the moment - I'll keep working on it too.
Alyce, you are so cute. I loved this post, because it made me realize that I am the same!
ReplyDelete(and, just fyi, I do not care about the royal wedding either, nor did I wake up in the middle of the night to watch it, like so many of my friends did. But I did think of you!) Hope you guys are enjoying TX.